How to Activate Your Man: Tips for Incorporating Healthy Diet + Supplements + Exercise into His Life
Often I hear from women that they’re frustrated with their male partners’ poor food choices or lack of physical activity. My advice back is that if you want your guy to eat healthier or change his exercise routine, don’t encumber him. Here are some tips for how you and your guy can increase your level of physical activity and eat healthier – all while having fun doing so.
• Eat at home: Date nights out are fun, but often they can be overly indulgent. Try creating a date night at home, with a healthy menu, a set table and
mood lighting. Avoid eating in front of the TV to make it special and you’ll see that date night romance can be achieved in the convenience of your own
home while keeping a healthy diet.
• Stock the pantry with healthy food: As the Supplemental blogger Danielle Omar said, “You control what food comes into the house; your pantry is your child’s grocery store!” This is true for men as well, so make sure it’s filled with healthy options.
• Create a routine for supplements: If your partner is taking supplements, but not as regularly as he needs to be, create a routine and establish a set time each day for taking them. If he needs a reminder, drop a daily note in his work bag or send him at text message at when it’s time to take them.
• Find fun physical activities: Find fun activities to join so exercise doesn’t become a chore. If your kids play team sports outside of school, seek opportunities for your man to serve as the coach for a season. Exercising together is another great way to ensure he stays active. Sign up for a 5k as a couple, join a neighborhood pool or plan weekend bike rides for the family. Even a family game night of Wii tennis counts.
• Encourage hobbies: Guys deserve alone time, too. So whether it’s fly-fishing or biking or an undiscovered interest, encourage your man to pursue these. And don’t get mad when he spends a Saturday afternoon with his buddies doing any of these activities. Instead, treat yourself to the same luxury. Trade off Saturday afternoons; have him watch the kids while you and your friends have fun together.
It’s important for you to care about your man’s health and wellbeing, but complaining about laziness, or pointing out the chub is the wrong approach. After all, you want to be in this with him. Be a team, implement positive influences and enhance wellbeing together.
Welcome to the Supplemental!
The Supplemental is a blog for "Life...supplemented", a forum for discussion around healthy diet, supplements and exercise. Our panel of experts who share a variety of fresh and innovative perspectives, will provide ways to live a healthier life and inspire you to make smart choices.
Most Popular Posts